Disclaimer AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION for our clients
Select: Liability Waiver
Santos Travel and Tours (Agency) is committed to assisting you with your travel needs. However, there are things that you, as the traveler, should be aware of. Please click the appropriate link.
1. Please check your documents when you receive them. Call us if you have any questions.
2. CHECK-IN - Minimum check-in for domestic flights is 2 hours and for international flights, 3 hours. BE PREPARED TO PRESENT ALL NECESSARY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. AT TICKET COUNTER.
3. RECONFIRMATION - Reconfirm the use and time of flights at least 24 hours for domestic and 72 hours for international. Failure to use any reservations may result in automatic cancellation of all continuing and return reservations.
4. EXCURSION AND PROMOTIONAL FARES - Most discount fares involve certain restrictions. A change in carrier(s) flight(s), time(s) or routing(s) will result in a carrier demanding additional fees. Obtain agency or airline assistance before making changes.
5. If your plans change enroute, contact Santos Travel and Tours or call the after-hours service for assistance. Additional charges may apply.
6. These times, flights and fares are based on current tariffs that are subject to change without notice.
7. TICKETS - Tickets are either refundable, or non-refundable. Please check with your agent for specific rules, restrictions, and/ or penalties related to your ticket.
8. HOTELS are usually confirmed on a guaranteed payment basis. If you cancel or change plans, please notify your hotel(s) within the time period specified by that hotel. Rules may vary by property.
9. TOUR/PACKAGE PRICES are subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations, tariff changes or increase in operational costs. In addition, group tours/packages are based on a Minimum Number of passengers traveling: if the number of passengers falls below the minimum required, a surcharge may be imposed on all passengers.
10. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ' Santos Travel and Tours reserve the right to charge processing fees in the event of refunds, cancellations and other services.
11. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY – Santos Travel and Tours is acting as an agent for suppliers in selling travel-related services, or in accepting reservations or bookings for services that are not directly supplied by Santos Travel and Tours (such as air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, tours, cruises, etc.). This agency, therefore, shall not be responsible for breach of contract of any intentional or careless actions or omissions on part of such suppliers, which result in any loss, damage, delay, or injury to you or your travel companions or group members. Unless the term "guaranteed" is specifically stated in writing on your tickets, invoice, or reservation itinerary, we do not guarantee any of such suppliers' rates, bookings, reservations, connections, scheduling, or handling of personal effects. Santos Travel and Tours’ agent(s) or personnel shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climactic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel agent's control. Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for, and hereby releases the agent from any duty of, checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of each destination, and all safely or security conditions at such destinations, during the length of the proposed travel. For information concerning possible dangers at international destinations, contact the Travel Advisory Section of the U.S. State Department (202) 6475225. For medical information, call the Public Health Service (404) 332-4559. By embarking upon his/her travel, the traveler voluntarily assumes all risks involved in such travel, whether expected or unexpected. Traveler is hereby warned of such risks, and is advised to obtain appropriate insurance coverage against them. Traveler's retention of tickets, reservations, or bookings after issuance shall constitute a consent to the above, and an agreement on his/her part to convey the contents hereto to his/her travel companions or group members.
12. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE. There are different types of medical, baggage or trip cancellations insurance from the supplier or the agencies. NOTE: Insurance coverage may not cover pre-existing conditions and may have other restrictions and exclusions. Consult the insurance carriers direct for details. Trip insurance or waivers provided by the supplier may not offer insolvency coverage.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF AIRLINE BANKRUPTCIES
Hopefully there will not be any more airline bankruptcies, but it has to be recognized that they might occur. You should know how they might affect you.
1. If an airline declares bankruptcy, it is not obligated to carry you or to refund tickets issued before the bankruptcy. Travel agents are not allowed to refund tickets on airlines which have declared bankruptcy. Money given to a travel agent immediately becomes to property of the airlines, and we are required by laws to comply with airlines’ orders.
2. If an airline declares bankruptcy, it might continue service, limit service, or stop completely. Other airlines might accept passengers under limited circumstances or may refuse to accept any passengers from the defaulted carrier. Meanwhile there are fine travel insurance plans available for passengers to protect themselves in case of airline bankruptcies.
TRAVEL and TRIP RISK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT/LIABILITY WAIVER
– FOR TRIPS, PROFESSIONAL AND/ OF PERSONAL FUNCTIONS, RELATED TRIPS AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
SANTOS TRAVEL AND TOURS, LLC has designed this tour for your pleasure and enjoyment and has attempted to select for you the best transportation and group rate available for the prices charged. SANTOS TRAVEL AND TOURS, LLC, however, does not own or operate the motorocoarch and assumes no responsibility for delays, losses or accidents or for damage to persons or property caused by any person, firm or corporation or other legal entity providing the following services: transportation (including but not limited to transfer and sightseeing), or any other service incident to these tours. Rates quoted are based on tariffs and exchange current at the time of the brochure printing and are subject to change at or before time of the final payment. SANTOS TRAVEL AND TOURS, LLC reserves the right to make any changes with or without notice, that may become necessary, with the understanding that any additional expenses will be paid by the passenger. When tour begins any unused portion of the schedule is not refundable. SANTOS TRAVEL AND TOURS, LLC also reserves the right to terminate tour services for any client at any time for good cause. SANTOS TRAVEL AND TOURS, LLC cannot be held responsible for any mistake that might occur in typography or printing.
Santos Travel and Tours and its agents will have done its best to secure the lowest possible fare, suitable for your travel requirements, based on space available at the time of booking, accessible sources of information, and knowledge and experience of our agents involved. Santos Travel and Tours cannot guarantee, in view of the deregulation of airline fares, that the fare indicated on the ticket will be the lowest possible fare at departure date. PLEASE NOTE that retention of tickets, reservations or bookings after issuance shall constitute acceptance of all the provisions in the conditions listed hereto, as well as those terms and conditions set forth in the announcements and circulars of the tour/package, cruise or service.